Sunday, September 20, 2009

Progress report for week of Sep 20, 2009

If you have been following along, you know that we finally got our septic permit.

It had been our hope that we would start working the very next day, but...

Our builder is attending to a family emergency this week, so we are in delay mode yet again...

We did, however, get the septic engineers out to the property to stake the corners of the septic site, and Saturday Dean & I went and did a little more work taking down trees.


Here we are measuring from the corner of the septic system and Dean is standing where we think the SouthWest corner of the house will be. We will probably have to take down that Beech tree to the left.

We were working in the driveway taking a few trees down to make room for electric poles. Most of the electric wires will be underground - the conduit was already in when we purchased the land - but we have to put up a couple of poles to go over a small wetlands culvert.

Here is a little video tour of the land taken from the back of the truck as Dean backs into the driveway toward our growing wood pile.


video

And here we are using the crane on Dean's truck (Dean built this crane by the way!) to move a big, very heavy chunk of Oak tree. We were both remarking that Neil would have loved to see this...

video

Sorry for fumbling the camera...

And one of my blog entries would not be complete without a visit to the brook. Here is bit of video footage of Pumpernickel getting a drink in the brook.

video

No comments:

Post a Comment