It takes a village to build a house, and we are very grateful for all of the wonderful and generous help we have been getting from family and friends.
If you are familiar with Feng Shui, you know that there is an area of a house that correspsonds to "helpful people". I can only say that even though I have not paid much attention to it, we must have a very generous flow of Chi in this corner of our house!
Thank you in no particular order to:
- Jef for agreeing to store some of our stuff, and for the loan of his generator
- Matt for storing a bunch of Dean's big stuff
- Negarre for taking care of our house plants, and storing some of our stuff
- Ted - for helping us pack, storing our freezer and Dean's tool chest, and tons of help trouble shooting our several broken generators!
- Tom and Bert for their good advice, and answering our many various questions about construction stuff
- Julie for taking care of our trash and re-cycling.
- Joe, Rich and Kate for helping us move
- Laila, Jono, Owen and Drew for helping us clean up the yard at 123 Main.
- CathyO for spending an entire day helping Dean to operate the crane on his truck to move many, big , heavy things.
- Everyone who has come out to visit and cheer us on!
- And last, but certainly not least, all of my blog followers who have offered sympathy, props and general feedback.
...And if I have forgotten to mention anyone by name, please forgivc me - I am sure it is attributable to the slight brain damage I suffer from 30 years of working nights!
Amidst our various frustrations with this project, we are definitely feeling the LOVE! and we are grateful to have such fine and generous friends and family. So, thanks a bunch!