Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Merry


Here comes a quickie holiday post.

I think it has been 3 years since I decorated  our home for the winter holidays. 

  • 3 years ago we were getting our house in Townsend ready for sale. 

  • 2 years ago we were living in a tiny place in Pepperell, and our focus was on building the house.  I did manage to get a wreath up on the partially constructed house that year. 

  • And last year, we had just moved into the house in September, and by December, I had still not located the Christmas boxes.

So this year, I finally got to do some decorating!

The center point of my holiday decorations is my collection of reindeer.  I have accumulated quite a herd.  I think they may have procreated while in storage for 3 years!




OK - so the window trim is still not painted...

I decided to go non-traditional when it came to the tree.  I collected some birch branches from the woods and stuck them in a pot of sand.  Voila!



Here's a couple more festive shots of Ms Pumpernickel.




Merry Christmas!  Happy Hanukkah!  Blessed Yule!  Welcome the return of the light!

Oh, and let's not forget Festivus!

And to all a good night....

1 comment: