Friday, October 31, 2014

More Pebble Mosaics




I got on a pebble mosaic roll this summer.

I still had a LOT of pebbles left after this mosaic we did at the top of the outdoor stairs.


So I decided to use some of them to make some stepping stones for the main entrance.

Each one is 15 x 15.


I decided to go with the idea of a compass - creating 5 stepping stones - one for each direction and a center stone.

We made up a form using scraps of 2x4 and plywood.



Dean and I are a good team.   He mixes the mortar for me, and I get to do the creative laying in of the pebbles.




I started with East because I had this broken edge of a clay pot that I thought would work for a sunrise...


East represents air - and the sun rises in the east



So here are the rest of them...


West represents water
South represents fire

North represents earth



This is the center piece

That round stone in the center was specially procured from Campobello Island, New Brunswick, Canada this summer when I visited with my BFFs!

And here they are all installed.



There are a few more of the plain ones to go in to complete the grid and this will look so much better when the ground cover between the stones fills in...  

I'll update you next summer!

That's it for now.  I'll be posting again soon to show you our deck project.











1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! What a lovely project and gorgeous outcome.
    Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete